B. Lesson Reference No. 2
C. Lesson Title: Mixtures in Mixture
D. Lesson Description: Younger generations nowadays are not anymore interested to know how to make the traditional Filipino mixtures. Our ancestors may have failed to pass the secret ingredients in preparing Filipino’s mouthwatering mixtures to their siblings. In result, Filipino delicacies are becoming rare to the extent that its original preparation has been altered and this is very alarming. In this lesson, students learn to patronize mixtures that are indigenous ingredients, preserve original Filipino’s techniques in preparing one of our all-time favorite merienda which is the sweetened rice cake or BIKO. Students interview their elders and small scale entrepreneurs on how to make biko. With the assistance of their TLE teacher they cook the solicited recipes and make a detailed procedure that greatly emphasized the concepts of mixtures.. They make a powerpoint presentation and a website to advertise the most delicious biko recipe they made along with their simple business proposal on the nature of sweetened rice cake This invites costumers to patronize one of our delicacy. Add money to Iligan City’s coffer and make the recipe accessible to every one. All these experiences, processes, and collaboration are geared towards the deeper and lasting understanding of the concept of mixtures.
E. Learning Outcome:
Learning: By the end of this lesson you will be able to:
- produce a delicacy from easily available resources in the community.
- deduce the definition of mixture, types and classification of mixture
- identify the homogeneous mixture, heterogeneous mixture, solution, colloid, and suspension based on their experience in preparing the Filipino delicacy
- discuss different methods of separating mixture.
- develop the advocacy of nationalism and preserving our culture in preparing the traditional Filipino delicacy.
- Know how to make a website.
- Know how to present a report with the use MS-powerpoint.
- Interview elders or small entrepreneurs who are expert in cooking our all-time favorite Filipino delicacies to come up with a recipe. Click here for guide questions.
- be expected to cook their solicited recipes with the assistance of their TLE teacher. Click her for the guide questions while cooking.
- Define conceptually and operationally the following terms: -mixture - solution - decantation -evaporation - homogeneous mixture - colloid - precipitation -diluted - heterogeneous mixture -suspension - filtration - concentrated
- Take pictures of their final products with the use of a digital camera. Take pleasure in eating their favorite food.
- Cross-assessed the quality of their products. Discover that the better the ingredients and the preparation technique the better the quality. Develop a website that will advertise the Filipino delicacies and encourage costumers to patronize the products of our small entrepreneurs.
H. Learning Evaluation: click here to take the quiz.
I. Assignment: Research on how to make bibingka with the detailed procedure(focusing on the methods involved in separating and preparing mixtures.
J. Bibliography: click here
K. Sample Budget Plan for Business Proposal. Click here
L. Gallery: click here
M. Link to Student's Sites: Click here